REGULATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL ONLINE PHOTO EXHIBITION OF CREATIONS FROM SAND FOR FAMILIES „STORIES OF SAND 2015“
Natural beauty, warmth of the sun inspires to create something new, interesting, unusual ... For the fifth year organizers of the project invites to create from sand and share these creative moments with others.
Photo exhibition "Sand stories" within four years took part in 102 educational institution communities in various Lithuanian cities, 3064 participants (children, parents and teachers), 1434 photos of creative work of the sand have been exhibited, the exhibition site was visited by 6370 visitors from Lithuania and abroad: US, Britain, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland and others.
Photographs of your created sand sculptures and structures will be exhibited on the website http://smeliopasakojimai.blogspot.com, you can enjoy sand stories all year round.
OBJECTIVE - to promote children's creativity and develop imagination, creating different structures, compositions and spatial sculptures out of sand.
• Implement children's creative ideas.
• To use traditional and non-traditional technical creation of sand.
• To acquire teamwork skills.
• To share creative ideas with educational institutions in other cities or countries.
Kaunas kindergarten „Mazylis“.
Kaunas City Municipality Administration, Education, Culture and Tourism Development of the Board of Education and Training Division; Kaunas District Pre-school Art Educators Community.
CREATIVE GROUP OF KAUNAS KINDERGARTEN „MAZYLIS“
director Dalia Mazaliauskiene;
deputy director of education Agne Sneideryte;
kindergarten teacher Daiva Brusokiene;
kindergarten teacher Edita Abracinskiene;
kindergarten teacher Inga Ciuciunkeviciute.
Children, their parents and educators from Lithuanian and foreign educational institutions.
June - October of 2015
ORGANISATION AND FIXATION
• Sand built structures, compositions and spatial sculptures should be created in a freely chosen environment (in kindergarten, yard, home, water ponds, etc.).
• The pictures should be taken of the creative process, compositions and structures of sand (creative process of children, children/parents and children/teachers). Please send photos to project promoters by e-mail provided below:
1. Select the most fine and clean sand and moisten it with water. Compress wet sand heavily, it helps to eliminate air bubbles from the sand.
2. Ornaments and writings should be obtained using safe tools such as kids spades, sand toys, bottles, sticks, rulers and so on.
3. Structures can be created by draining the wet sand (if you are near water pond).
4. If you want to construct of sand at home, we recommend to use one of these sand mixtures:
• 1 cup of wet sand, 2 tbsp adhesives. To form a sculpture of a wet mixture. This technology is suitable for the production of a variety of dishes, paintings and objects which has to be solid.
• 3 cups of sand, 1-1.5 cups of starch, 1-1.5 cups of water. Mix on low heat until thickened (can be boiled for a few minutes in the microwave), let it to cool, knead and create sculptures. Rest it on a solid ground and it dries out in 24 hours or heat it in the oven at 200 ° C and it dries in about 4 hours.
Using one of these technologies sand does not stick to your hands, it can be easily formed, retains its shape while drying. Children who are creating sculptures from one of these mixtures can relax and enjoy their crafts for much longer or to use them for playing.
SUBMISSION AND ORGANISATION OF THE EXHIBITION
Participants must send just electronic photo version by 2015-09-30.
Add a description for each picture, which includes:
work title, the participant(s) name, address, age group, child(ren) comment (optional), teacher's name, last name, educational institution, city.
Specify the names of family members if they took part in the creative process.
We invite adults to take pictures with their children.
Send photos by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exhibition will be on display on the website http://smeliopasakojimai.blogspot.com/.
The final photo exposure is expected till October.
If you are sending pictures with children, please get their parents' consent.
A certificate of participaion will be sent till December 2015 to the teachers who participated in the project.
Photo senders are responsible for participants consent to exhibit pictures online.
Participants can contact the organizers if they wish to remove the pictures from the online space.
Inga Ciuciunkeviciute, Agne Sneideryte